Awards / Grants / Fellowship / Industry Grant
ESPEN Research Fellowships for 2017
ESPEN Research Fellowships for 2016
Technology Innovation with Industry Partnership ESPEN Grant for 2016
In the world of clinical nutrition and metabolism, there is a lack of tools needed for effective screening, assessment, diagnosis or monitoring or the tools that are available are too expensive or require further development. Industry is not always ready to develop or improve these tools alone. The purpose of the “Technology Innovation with Industry Partnership ESPEN Grant” is to facilitate the dialogue between scientific/clinical experts and industry to develop new or better tools or to improve availability of tools.
ESPEN invites members to submit a proposal for funding in the field of innovative technology. Applicants should submit a two page proposal describing the project and expected outcome and benefits and a one page document outlining costs and anticipated timing of the project.
Proposals should be submitted as an email attachment (word or pdf) to Philip Calder, Chair of the ESPEN Scientific Committee at pcc[at]soton.ac.uk, by no later than 17:00 hours (CET) on 4th March 2016.
MNI Grant 2016
It is a great pleasure to announce that the 2016 grant will be rewarding ongoing or planned national initiatives for Optimal Nutritional Care Approach. Such an initiative must be endorsed by national PEN societies (worldwide), but not necessarily run by a national PEN society. The € 30,000 grant is supported by the Medical Nutrition International Industry (MNI) group and is now open for applications.
The deadline for application is June 16th 2016. Presentations of previous winner projects are available for your perusal here. The winner of the grant will be announced during the Malnutrition Event at the ESPEN 2016 Congress in Copenhagen in September 2016.
ESPEN Research Fellowships for 2015
Deadline for applying is March 6th, 2015 (17.00 Brussels time) and an ESPEN Membership of the main applicant OR the project supervisor is needed.
Technology Innovation with Industry Partnership ESPEN Grant for 2015
The purpose of this grant is to facilitate the dialogue between scientific/clinical experts and industry to develop new or better tools or to improve availability of tools.
ESPEN invites members to submit a proposal for funding in the field of innovative technology. One “Technology Innovation with Industry Partnership ESPEN Grant” will be awarded (sum of up to €30,000 is available) to an expert or a group of experts proposing a project. Applicants should submit a two page proposal describing the project and expected outcome and benefits and a one page document outlining costs and anticipated timing of the project.
Proposals should be submitted as an email attachment (word or pdf) to Philip Calder, Chair of the ESPEN Scientific Committee at pcc[at]soton.ac.uk, by no later than 17:00 hours (CET) on 6th March 2015.
2007 - ESPEN Best abstracts
- S.M. Schneider (France): "Effects of age, malnutrition and refeeding on the expression and secretion of ghrelin"
- A. Amiot (France): "Characteristics of home parenteral nutrition weaning in short bowel patients: a review of 308 patients in a single tertiary care centre"
- O. Rooyackers (Sweden): "Molecular regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis in skeletal muscle of septic patients"
2006 - Young Investigator Awards
- C. Moinard (France): "Citrulline: a new therapeutic agent in nutrition field "
- C. Guillet (Sweden): " Degradation of individual muscle proteins during cachexia in humans"
- B. Mittendorfer (USA): "Sexual dimorphism in human lipid metabolism"
2005 - Young Investigator Awards
- P. Wischmeyer (USA): "Mechanisms of glutamine's protection against experimental and clinical critical illness: role of heat shock protein expression"
- M. Coëffier (France): "Glutamine, inflammatory response and protein metabolism in human gut"
- Y. Viesser (The Netherlands): Post-operative arginine metabolism is disturbed in cachectic and non-cachectic tumor-bearing mice
- A. Zangarelli (France): "Energy restriction preserves skeletal muscle mass and strength in old rats: a mitochondria-mediated process"
Abbott Research Fellowship
J.J. Carrero-Roig (Sweden): "The Effect of End-stage Renal Disease and oral N-Acetyl-cysteine / enistein on Pre- and Postprandial Hyperglycemia, Hyperlipidemia, Inflammation and Ox Stress in vivo"
Nestlé Research Fellowship
M. Engelen (The Netherlands): "The effect of cancer and surgery on the inter-organ protein response to feeding"
Nutricia Research Fellowships
P. Kuhnlein (Germany): "PEG feeding and metabolic changes in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis"
J.B. Wiroth (France): "Effects of resistance training and oral protein supplementation on sarcopenia"
G. Johannesdottir (Norway): "Effect of protein composition on gastric emptying rate in children with cerebral palsy"
D. Toporowska-Kowalska (Poland): "Effect of intensive enteral feeding on the nutritional status and gut function in children with cancer - prospective randomized study"
D.L. Cai (China): "Efficacy of EPA-enriched enteral nutritional supplement in post-operative GI cancer patients"