Membership year coincides with the calendar year, i.e. from January 1st to December 31st. We recommend you join at the beginning of the year to enjoy all your ESPEN membership benefits throughout the whole year.
For your information:
ESPEN offers 3 membership categories. You may apply in 2023 to be an:
1. Individual member for € 120 per year
2. Junior member for € 40 per year, if you are under the age of 35 = born after 01.01.1988 (proof of age is mandatory upon sign-up and has to be sent to email@example.com)
3. Senior member for € 40 per year, if you are over the age of 65 = born before 01.01.1958 (proof of age is mandatory upon sign-up and has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
For payment of your membership subscription, you will be redirected to our secure PayPal payment platform. We accept payments by Visa and Mastercard credit cards, as well of course through a PayPal account if you already subscribed with them. If your country is among one of the few countries where PayPal is not available, you may also pay by bank transfer. In this case, kindly contact the Treasurer office at email@example.com.
Membership starts on the day your subscription is accepted and ends on the 31st of December of the same year.
There are many membership benefits, all of which are valid throughout the year of subscription.
2023 Membership benefits will include / Beneficios membresía
- A discount on registration at the main annual congress in the field, i.e. the ESPEN Congress on Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism to be held in Lyon on 11-14 September 2023. This discount is not valid for those registering to the congress as "Students". To register to the congress as a member, kindly provide upon registration your 8 digits personal discount code to be found in the 1st paragraph of the text of your confirmation of subscription email
- reduced rate for registration and/or priority access for participation in other ESPEN organised or endorsed meetings (course, symposium or workshops) to be held in 2023 (see our website for updates on scheduled meetings)
> for these ESPEN organised or endorsed meetings, you may be requested by the organisers to provide your 8 digits personal discount code to confirm your member'status
- a free online only subscription to the best European journal in clinical nutrition and metabolism through espen.org: Clinical Nutrition. Since 2019, Clinical Nutrition journal went online only. Hard copies are thus not printed and sent anymore. Access to this journal is an easy process by loggin on espen.org with your member username and password. You can find here a short visual with instructions for use and here a tutorial
- a free online subscription to Clinical Nutrition ESPEN. Clinical Nutrition ESPEN is an electronic-only journal published bi-monthly and is also available by login through your ESPEN member account
- a discount for submitting articles to Clinical Nutrition Open Science, new name of Clinical Nutrition Experimental, ESPEN open access journal (https://www.clinicalnutritionopenscience.com)
- the ESPEN Newsletter
- reduced rates for the LLL Live Modules - these courses aim at a certificate in clinical nutrition and/or becoming a teacher in clinical nutrition in your own country. ESPEN membership is required to become (and remain) an LLL Teacher
- access to LLLnutrition.com with same username and password
- access to Research Fellowship Grants and Educational Grants
- access to Travel Fellowship grants for communications at the annual congress if organised face-to-face
This is the best way to be part of an organized action to promote recognition of clinical nutrition.